Saturday, June 2, 2012

Possum Kingdom Lake, TX

We're in Texas visiting 3 of my kids and 4 of my grandkids.  My eldest daughter and her husband have built a lakehouse up at Possum Kingdom Lake.  They also have opened a pretty cool bar/restaurant up there as well called Boondocks.  My oldest son bought a really nice storage yard with a 45 x 60 steel building from former Dallas Cowboy Jerry Overton.  It's just up the road from Boondocks.  I'm ashamed to admit I didn't take a single picture of the lakehouse (which is stunning) or Boondocks or my son's building.  Shame on me! 

My youngest daughter took Diane and I for tour of the area and I came across this sign.  Hope you can read it.  Another tidbit of history I never knew.  Lonesome Dove is one of my favorite all time western movies.  These guys were tough SOB's.  Can you imagine driving 1500 head of Texas Longhorn cattle from here to Denver? 

No comments:

Post a Comment